Google is well-known for being a provider of internet-related services and solutions. Your business might already be taking advantage of them, but are you using them to the best of your ability? Take advantage of Google’s services with the following keyboard shortcuts and other various tips and tricks.
- X allows you to select or deselect items.
- Shift + A allows you to select all visible items. You can use Shift + N to clear your selection of visible items.
- Enter or O will let you open an item you have selected, while N will let you rename it.
- Z lets you move an item to a selected folder, while S will star or unstar them.
- You can use these shortcuts to create various items:
- Folder: Shift + F
- Document: Shift + T
- Spreadsheet: Shift + S
- Presentation: Shift + P
- Ctrl + K: Insert or edit a link.
- Alt + Enter: Open a link.
- Alt + Shift + 5: Type with a strikethrough in your text.
- Ctrl +: Format your text with a superscript.
- Ctrl -: Format your text with a subscript.
- Ctrl + Alt + F: Insert a footnote.
- Ctrl + Space: Select all contents in one column.
- Shift + Space: Select all contents in one row.
- Alt + Shift + 7 or Ctrl + Shift + 7: Apply a border to your selected cells.
- Ctrl + \: Clear formatting of your selection.
- Ctrl + Page Up or Ctrl + Page Down: Jump to either the previous sheet or the next sheet.
- Ctrl + ~: See the list of formulas.
- Ctrl + D: Duplicate a slide or object.
- Page Up/Page Down, Up/Down: Move from slide to slide in the filmstrip.
- Ctrl + Alt + Shift + F: Move over to the filmstrip.
- Ctrl + Alt + Shift + C: Move back to the canvas.
- Alt + Shift + Left/Right Arrow: Rotate objects by one degree.
- Alt + Left/Right Arrow: Rotate objects by fifteen degrees.
By using these shortcuts, you should be able to get more out of your Google services. There are far too many shortcuts to include here, so for the complete list, you’ll need to be in Drive, Docs, Sheets or Slides. Once you’re in, just use Ctrl + / to pull up the list of keyboard shortcuts for the Google app you’re using.